Tuesday, June 29, 2004

New Zealand Travels (2003-02-26)

Just sorting out the final arrangements for my New Zealand trip. Bought a new rucksack (big 88 litre) which should hold enough stuff for a month away. I've booked myself onto the Magic Bus (www.magicbus.co.nz) which allows me unlimited travel around NZ along with accommodation in the various Youth Hostels along the way. I looked into various options (camper van, Travelpass etc) but this one is by far the cheapest for someone travelling on their own, and means I'll be travelling with other backpackers so it should be more fun.

My trip has extended itself now to include the North island so it's going to be packed, but worth it. With luck I should be able to include all the major sights, and still have time enough to walk through the countryside.

As far as an itinerary is concerned, I have no idea. I'm just going to turn up and take it as it comes. I'm not going to kill myself trying to see everything that an entire country has to offer in a month. Instead, I'll choose a few of the best bits using local people to guide me.

So I have my air ticket, Magic Bus ticket, passport and credit card. All that remains now is to finish packing the rucksack, visit my mum and some friends and then jump on a plane for 2 days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home