Tuesday, June 29, 2004

New Zealand Travels (2003-03-05)

Have finally arrived in NZ. Let me talk you through the whole process...

Took the plane to LA - 10 hours
Stayed in LA for 2 hours waiting for plane to be refuelled etc
Took the plane to Aukland - 12 hours
Stayed in Aukland for 3 hours waiting for plane to Christchurch
Took the plane to Christchurch - 2 hours
Picked up by a shuttle bus to be delivered to the youth hostel.

Took me a while but it's all done now. I finally got the chance to explore Christchurch from about 1pm onwards and I have to say that it's a lovely city. Everything is really clean, and the air is so fresh. It's really strange to be in a city and find it almost as good as being in the country back in the UK.

The whole place has a sort of American or South African feel to it since the city was based on the grid iron system. It can get a bit confusing since there are few visual landmarks to navigate by which is how I'm used to getting about in the UK. Instead, particular attention has to be paid to the road names and the junction you're on.

Anyway, the place is lovely, the air is fresh and the people are so friendly. All the Kiwis I have me so far have been outstanding in their approach to people - even down to the bods down at the local supermarket.

More to come later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home