Tuesday, June 29, 2004

New Zealand Travels (March 21st, 2003)

"Up at the crack of 9 ish and scuttled off to face the Mack Attack - a high speed power boat that offered a fast way to check out the Bay of Islands. While I was waiting for the boat to be ready, I got a call from Richard which was good (cheers mate). The Mack Attack lived up to it's name. I zoomed over the waves with varying degrees of fear, alarm and (eventually) calm acceptance. We went through the Hole in the Rock and around the other side to see the Man Looking Out to Sea (rock formation) and Cathedral Cave (very large hole in the side of the rock which was unusally warm and humid).

After I got back I met up with Inma who was absolutely sick as a dog. The hangover had hit her hard and all she could do was moan and hold her head in her hands. We chatted for a bit but my bus was leaving so I had to go. We hugged and bade our farewells and I hope I see her again.

The Magic Bus took us back into Aukland and I resolved to have a quiet night, however I did arrange to meet Paul at the Starbucks at 7pm for one or two goodbye beers but he was a no show. Maybe it was because he was totally pissed when I made the arrangement - I don't know. So I had a spare few hours to kill in Aukland. I ate at the food court and returned to the hostel to sort out my laundry. And then the phone rang...

[Snip significant crisis at home involving ex-girlfriend]

...which pissed me right off."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home